Thursday, April 28, 2011

My experience during pregnancy (the physical aspects of it)

Today I am officially 31 weeks 2 days pregnant. Alhamdulillah, so far pregnancy has been fairly kind to me.

The first few weeks of my pregnancy was pretty easy. I did not get morning sickness. The closest I got to morning sickness was just gas (I burped a lot). My appetite did not change much too. I did eat slightly a bit more than what I used to, probably because I always felt tired. Other than that, life went on as always. My tummy did not show as much too. It probably started to show a bit in week 8, but it was pretty much unnoticeable under clothes. I could still wear my jeans till approximately week 20.

I think 20 weeks of pregnancy was the point where pregnancy started to affect me (physically). It was the time when my appetite increased a bit more. I had to eat slightly more to feel full. My tummy was definitely showing, to the point that I had to get a pair of maternity jeans, and for other people to start asking. My back started aching too, specifically at the pelvic area where it was once dislocated. Other than that, everything was still normal.

Week 27, the start of third trimester, was the point where pregnancy really affects me. My appetite has definitely increased. However, because of the increasing size of the baby (and uterus, of course), my stomach has became more compressed and smaller, which forces me to eat less. But since the baby is currently trying to triple his size at this stage, I am almost constantly feeling hungry (and always crave for sweet things), so I usually settle by snacking (I usually try to get something healthy like a piece of fruit, but sometimes I go for something naughtier like a donut..or two.. hehe). Also at this stage, my back and ribs are driving me crazy. They almost always hurt, even when I was sleeping. My legs cramp quite a lot too, but it only happens when I am sleeping, or just about to get up from sleeping. I started to walk like a typical pregnant lady as well..I just hope it does not worsen, though. And I usually wake up in the middle of the night too..apparently my body is preparing for parenthood, so I read.

Owh, some of you might be wondering if I have gained a lot of weight or gotten stretch marks. The answer is, yes, I have definitely gained weight, but within the recommended range. I think I got a bit of fat going here and there, but I won't say I look fat..just a bit plump. I still wear my pre-pregnancy tshirts. The only thing that I cannot fit are my pre-pregnancy jeans and dresses (of course, they cannot stretch to accommodate my tummy). And surprisingly my rib cage is showing! I did not expect that during pregnancy haha! And thank God, so far I don't get any stretch marks because of the pregnancy. Probably thanks to the Cocoa Butter Formula oil that I have been diligently wearing even before pregnancy.

And that's all so far I think. I probably left some things here and there..I will add more if I remember. Anyway, last week my midwife said my baby has already engaged! Oh! :O

p/s: will post on my experience getting pregnant in Australia later.

No comments:

Post a Comment