Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Color

I think the most important thing in a wedding is the theme color. Western weddings tend to use white as their theme color, while Eastern weddings tend to be more colorful.

So, which color to choose?

I believe the color that we choose will bring out the 'feel' of the wedding. For example, white will give a more dreamy feeling, while the combination of blue and pink will give a more 'festive' feeling. Other than that, color can also effect the look of the wedding. For example, a combination of white and gold/dark brown will make the wedding look more expensive and elegant, while the wrong shade of blue will make it look cheap, no matter how much the actual cost is. Hence, the right theme color will reflect what we want the wedding to look like.

As for me, I want my wedding to look dreamy, laid back, and expensive/elegant (since clearly I won't be using anything expensive in my wedding, so a look-expensive color combination will greatly help). So, I choose to use white-gold/dark brown color combination for my wedding. The addition of some off-white roses and a little bit of green for the leaves would give a more laid-back atmosphere. That would be perfect.

Initially I wanted to use white-silver/grey color combination for the solemnization ceremony. However, due to some technical difficulties, I had to change my dress into all white, and my future husband will be wearing white-black-gold/orange. Due to those modifications, I think I'll make 'garden' as the theme of the ceremony. I think white, green, brown and some pastel-colored flowers would work well.

All in all, the keyword for both events is: Dreamy.

After all, this whole wedding thing is like a dream come true anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment