Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hantaran

Last Saturday, after buying some toilettries at Alpha Angle, Ajoy and me were planning to go to watch a movie when he mentioned something about hantaran. The chat went on, and I voiced out my concern about the year-end-sale was coming to a close and if we were to buy all the things later, they might be more expensive. Since we'd need to buy them sooner or later anyway, we decided to buy them that night itself, and cancelled our movie plan (although the truth is, we were short of money haha).

And so we did some express browsing through the handbags and shoes at Alpha Angle. As always, they had quite a selection of bags and shoes, but we decided to go to Sogo anyway since they had more choices and the discount might be better. It was close to 8pm, and we headed straight to Sogo.

As expected, Sogo was packed with people (apart from their sales, of course). Discount signs were everywhere, and so the handbags and shoes. I was stunt and did not know what to choose. But I had a brand in my mind--Bonia. I thought, since Bonia was usually so expensive, I might get a good deal during the sale season. But boy, was I wrong. The bags were still expensive despite the discounts (erk), and so we went on to search for other handbag.

After a few minutes of walking in the sea of people, we found a black handbag complete with a matching wallet. After comparing the price before and after discount, I decided to take it. Then we went on searching for a pair of black leather shoes. To our surprise, we found another corner in the mall that sold Bonia goods and the shoes were at a reasonable price (the handbags were still out of my reach haha). I couldn't help but trying on the shoes and ended up buying a pair (hehe). Our shopping went on to the men's department, where we were looking for a shirt and a pair of matching pants. Then we saw it; the shirt design that he had been wanting for so long. The best part was, it was on >50% sale. Without thinking, we grabbed the shirt, and a matching pants, which was also on >50% sale. Then we called it a day.

The next day, we headed back to Sogo. We searched for shoes, wallet, belt, and necktie for him. Somewhere in the corner, we saw Bonia shoes were on sale, and we hurried there. He tried on one. OMG I swear the shoes were made for him. The shoes were RM10 over our budget though, but who cared? Remember this people; a pair of perfect shoes is never too expensive. (haha!) We took them anyway. Not far from the shoes section, we saw boxes of belt-and-wallet set. We headed there, and browsed through the boxes. And we agreed to take one of the sets, consisted of a belt, two buckles, a wallet and a tie. It was RM20 over our budget, but o well, we took it anyway.

Then we went headed to Alpha Angle to get a bottle of perfume for him and a set of skincare for me. Too bad that perfumes seldom go on sale, but that's okay. Looking at his happy face that he finally got the perfume he always wanted, made me all happy inside :)

Anyway, now we basically have all the big things that we want to present as the hantaran. Maybe we'll browse some fabrics/dress for me, though. My mom said since husbands need to provide their wives with clothings, a dress as one of the hantaran is necessary as a symbol.

Owh, I haven't told you guys the plan for hantaran, right? So far, we may do 9-11 or less for our hantaran. The main things from both sides include a ring (symbol of the marriage), sirih junjung (symbol of tradition), 2-3 types of food (cakes, fruits, etc. for the family), and an al-Quran (symbol of religion). Those have already made 5-6 dulang. The rests will be clothes and stuffs.

Yes, we will be broke, we know. Haha.

p/s: I expect all the expensive stuffs for the hantaran will last for at least 2 years. If not, I'll burn Sogo. Muahahaha!!

1 comment: