Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm getting married on February 6, 2010

Thursday, January 28, 2010. 1:30am

Dah lame rasenye tak menulis kat blog ni. Well, I guess I should start updating now since the wedding is 8 days away.

So this wedding is one of those quite 'spontaneous' decision. Since the decision for my scholarship application is not out yet, last Monday (Jan 18), I asked my parents to go see Ajoy's mom and tell her the current situation. I asked my parents to ask Ajoy's mom if she's okay if we do the wedding on January 31, or February 6. With the situation carefully explained, Ajoy's mom agreed with the idea.

Ajoy and me started working on the necessary documents on Wednesday. On Thursday, we went to a clinic to get the HIV test. Then we headed to the mosque to see the Kariah Masjid for Ajoy's area to get his approval. On Friday morning, we went to JAWI to send Ajoy's form, so that I could start working on mine (the bride needs the groom's form before submitting her form). Then we went around searching for available halls and wedding planner. Alhamdulillah, we found the perfect and (very) affordable wedding planner on our first try, and we found the perfect and available hall on our second try.

My dad, uncle, a relative and me went to see Penolong Pendaftar Nikah to get his approval on Saturday. On Sunday, we went to Nilai 3 to search for souvenirs and things for hantaran. On Monday morning, my dad and I went to book the hall. Then we went to Pejabat Agama Islam Daerah Gombak to submit my form. After that, we headed to see the wedding planner to book her service. We went to Shah Alam in the evening to order some invitation card.

The next day, Tuesday, my mom, dad, and I went to PAID Gombak to retrieve back my form. After that, we went to Jalan TAR to search for my scarf and decorations for hantaran. Couldn't find what we want, we decided to go to Nilai 3 that evening. Ajoy joined us after work in Nilai 3. Then Ajoy and me headed to Shah Alam to confirm the design of the invitation card (and we found the wedding ring for him here). My parents continued shopping in Nilai 3.

On Wednesday, we started working on the hantaran. Ajoy and I went to SOGO to buy a pair of shoes and some makeup for the solemnization ceremony.I've been trying to get a silat group, but my search leads to nothing. Good to know that my mom has found a kompang group and a DJ.

Hmm..so far everything goes on smoothly. Alhamdulillah. Now I just have to wait for the decision on my scholarship application, which I should get today. Let's just hope for the best.

p/s: I want to go for a honeymoon. Anyone wants to sponsor? Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment